Saturday, August 18, 2007

Me Time

I'd been looking forward to this day for a few weeks. It was Museum District Day in Houston. http://houstonmuseumdistrict.org/default.asp?id=78
I set my alarm for 8am, but I woke up on my own around 7:15. Instead of just laying there, I decided to be productive. I got out of bed and washed my hair. I did an ACV rinse followed by conditioner. I shaved, showered, and styled my hair. I had a meeting at 10, and I was ready to see the museums around 11:30.

I mapped out my route while I was at work this week, so I already had an idea of what I wanted to see. I went to the following museums:
  1. Houston Center for Photography
  2. The Menil Collection
  3. John C. Freeman Weather Museum
  4. Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
  5. Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
  6. The Health Museum

It was also Unity Day at Miller Outdoor Theatre, so I stopped by there to check out the vendors after I finished museum hopping. One of the vendors remembered me from high school in Dallas. I was surprised he remembered me. I didn't recognize him, but I remembered his name after he told me who he was.

I spent most of the day alone and thoroughly enjoyed it. I went where I wanted to go and stayed as long as I wanted. It seemed like I had a stalker for a little while, but I was able to shake him. Later, I met up with my cousin and her SO at their new home. I saw/played a Wii for the first time. I scored 125 in bowling, but lost the tennis game. We went to dinner and had a good time. I made it back home safely, showered, and watched a movie. Now, I'm watching Macy Gray in concert on PBS.

Today was a good day.

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank god

I don't know but today seems kinda odd

...I cant believe, today was a good day

- Ice Cube

Anybody who knows me, knows that I don't listen to rap. However, as I started blogging, this song popped in my head.

2 Comments:

Blogger Muze said...

sounds like my kind of day. unfortunately it was raining all day saturday here in michigan and it's still raining today, so my plans to go to a festival downtown were abandoned.

...by the way, i have new installments up in my fiction blog..and also, i've been nominated for Best Fictional blog in this year's Black Weblog Awards. so please vote for me before aug 31! thanks!

-Muze

1:46 PM  
Blogger Xion said...

I see that you are fellow Houstonian, well I gotta check out your blog more often. Thanks for sharing. Peace.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home