Monday, March 05, 2007

It's been a long time. I should'na left you...

Did you miss me? Here's what you missed:
  • I turned a year older.
  • I met a man that I already knew.
  • I moved to a new place.
  • I had a visitor that didn't leave early.
  • I took a belly dancing class.
  • I started experimenting with the no-poo method.
  • I rekindled a relationship with an old friend.
  • I almost bought a house.

That's enough about me. What's happening with you?

Lately, I've had something on my mind that seems to permeate most of my free thoughts. It's one of those things that a lot of people have thought about, but now it seems to be more pressing. I see detailed pictures in my head and have ideas that I'm a little afraid to commit to paper because it could be perceived as presumptuous. When have I ever cared what people thought? I think that committing it to paper places it out in the universe and attracts it to me. (Law of Attraction) I recently read about a "Soul Collage" on ymib.com. The author of the article described a project where she cut out images of various things that she felt drawn to. The funny thing is I had already cut out a few things before reading the article. My original plan was to place those pictures in plastic sleeves in a notebook. Then, I decided that I liked the collage idea better. It's been a long time since I made a collage - almost 10 years. I've been extra creative this year, and the soul collage is another avenue for me to express myself. I bought posterboard and glue, and I'm collecting more and more images. I put it on hold until I'm at home again. I can't wait to make my collage.

My dreams:

  • Love
  • Joy
  • Peace
  • Fulfillment

Girl, put your records on,

tell me your favourite song

You go ahead, let your hair down

Sapphire and faded jeans,

I hope you get your dreams,

Just go ahead, let your hair down.

Oh, You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow

- Corrine Bailey Rae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home