Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wish List

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about what I want in a man in my life right now. I feel that I am ready for a relationship again. I've learned a lot about myself and my relations with men over the past couple of years, and I think it's time for me to see the lessons learned in practice. I want to love, trust, and be in covenant with the man that God has for me. No more casual relationships aka arrangements that meet temporary needs. From here on out, I am only interested in men who have real potential to be a loving husband and father. I don't want to waste my time with someone who does not have the same feelings about a relationship at this point in my life. I've outgrown booty calls and meaningless sex with someone who is only a placeholder. I want more. I need more. I deserve more.

- I want to be loved. I want to be in a loving relationship with a man who wants me as much as I want him. The past couple of years I've told myself that I didn't want a relationship. I only wanted a companion - someone just to hang out with. That era is over.

- I want a man who wants me around even when I say I'm on my cycle. Don't ask me when my next vacation is (for a guy in a different city). Surprise me and tell me you just want to see me.

- I want a man who enjoys cuddling with me, massages, and tender kisses. I know I pretend to be tough and untouchable on the outside, but I'm so soft and sensitive on the inside. I like lying around with my man just being lazy touching each other in the most nonsexual, yet sensual ways. Sex is great, but it's not something that I need right now. It will come in due time. Show me that you want me around for more than just this sexy body. :<)

- I want a man who listens to me and doesn't mind telling me when I'm wrong. I know I think I'm right all the time. Don't be afraid of me. My bark is a lot worse than my bite.

- I want to be appreciated. He knows that he has me and doesn't take me for granted. He says "thank you" and " I love you", and shows it. I am his queen and he is my king.

- I want a man who is ambitious and has specific goals to accomplish in his life. He finds ways to incorporate me into his plans for the future.

- He is confident and secure. Not cocky, but confident.

- He's attractive. Other women want him, but he's all mine.

- He's trustworthy. I can tell him everything about me, and he doesn't hold it against me. He knows about my past and wants me to make the very best of my future.

- He's not afraid of committing to me - and me only.

- He wants to be a husband and a father. I believe that a good man will be a good father.

- He's not afraid of showing me his sensitive side. I don't care if he cries during a movie. However, don't act like a punk if I hurt your feelings - stop sulking. Tell me that I hurt you and let's move on.

- My mind has to be stimulated. I need intelligent conversation mixed with a little silliness sometimes. A mind is like a parachute. It only works when open.


To be continued...

Can I just see you every morning when
I open my eyes
Can I just feel your heart beating beside me
Every night
Can we just feel this way together
Till the end of all time
Can I just spend my life with you
- Eric Benet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home