Thursday, March 16, 2006

What's in a Name?

My brother and his wife were looking for a name for the new baby. They decided that it had to start with a P because that is the next letter in our last name. I'd never heard of that naming convention, but if that's the way they wanted to do it, then so be it. My mother told me yesterday that they decided on a name. My nephew's name will be Premier Joe.

pre·mier ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-mîr, -myîr, prmîr)adj. First in status or importance; principal or chief: an architect of premier rank. First to occur or exist; earliest.

Okay, I have to admit that the name does have a significant meaning, but I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it. In fact, everytime I think about that name I can't help but break out into this huge grin. I can't imagine calling a little boy, or anyone for that matter, Premier. I liken that name to Prince, Princess, Precious - all of which happen to start with a P. Yes, these names have nice meanings, but they are just too cutesy for me. I guess it doesn't matter because he's not my child. However, I will have to say that name when people ask about him, or when we go out and I introduce him to friends and their kids. You know the kids at school will probably make fun of him too. I've already decided that I will be calling him PJ.


Because loving you....
Has made my life so beautiful....
And every day of my life
Is filled with loving you....
Loving you....
I see your soul come shining through....
And everytime that we....
Oh I'm more in love with you....
- Minnie Ripperton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home