Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty...

One of my friends from home is in town for the weekend. She invited me to go out with her and a guy friend. I told her I would only go if someone else was going because I didn't want to be the 3rd wheel. She called him and asked if he had any guy friends who might be interested. He had a few friends around when she asked, and he asked one of them. The friend that he asked didn't sound too sure about going out with a stranger. He said he didn't do blind dates. I told her it wasn't really a date. We could meet up and part ways later, if we wanted. I just didn't want to be the only other person with them. She begins telling her friend that I'm prettier than her, and his friend has nothing to worry about. She repeated it several times. That struck me as odd. I wonder what this guy was thinking as she was saying that to him. Did he think she had a low self esteem? Did he think that she was lying to him just to convince his friend?

I know that I'm beautiful. So is she. I can't see myself ever telling a man that one of my friends is prettier than me. I have good-looking friends. I don't think that I'm prettier than any of them. I also don't think that any of them is prettier than me. I think that we are all beautiful. I am very confident in the way that I look. I do believe that we all have days when we feel more confident than others - like those days when you just can't get your hair the way you want it. Or, when you're sick and you think you look the way you feel on the inside.

I believe that when we're confident about our appearance, it shows. People who might not ordinarily like your hair or your clothes will give you a compliment based on the confident way that you present yourself.


I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.
- West Side Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home